Sunday, February 11, 2007

Schlussel v. Hannity

I've always liked both Debbie Schlussel and Sean Hannity - Schlussel more, though. She's one of the most articulate, insightful, and analytical pundits out there, while Hannity tends to benefit from sitting across from Alan Colmes.

If I had to choose one in a fight, however, it would be Schlussel. Hands down.

And it appears as if she's winning.

I first found out about the battle Schlussel is waging here when Hot Air linked to a clip of Ann Coulter and Geraldine Ferraro on Hannity and Colmes debating the worthiness of Imam Al-Husainy's giving the opening prayer at the Democratic National Convention's winter convocation. Here's what Schlussel had to say about the clip:

"...clearly, they (HANNITY AND COLMES/FOX NEWS) are ripping people’s work off. Since they used my info on Al-Husainy, they could have at least given me credit or had me on. Everyone else gave me credit. Why couldn’t they? FOX News has done this to me so many times, my head is spinning.

"Covering the story is only half of the story. Getting people on who are the basis for the story and who have the complete info–as I do on Al-Husainy–is the other half. They did not do their job tonight."

Schlussel convincingly states her case against Hannity here, here, here, and here, with prominent blogosphere support from LaShawn Barber, Robert Spencer, and Independent Conservative.

It appears that Hannity is in the wrong and he should just "make amends," as Barber suggests. If this whole thing is true (which, it appears to be), it is quite a letdown. We conservatives supposedly stand for truth in all respects - and Hannity is denying the truth by not crediting Schlussel for her exclusive work.

I urge you to read Schlussel frequently. As for Hannity...we'll see if he publicly addresses this...so far, I haven't seen anything.

No comments: