Saturday, November 11, 2006

Intro...

Hello everyone!

After the defeat of the GOP in both the House and the Senate this past week, I felt it was time to make my voice heard. Hence, this blog...

This is my first venture into blogging, so I don't know how good I'll be at it! The goals of this blog are many:

1) keep readers informed of daily events both of national and global significance
2) expose liberal slants in "mainstream" reporting from all media outlets (newspaper, radio, television...)
3) compare left-wing and right-wing blogs to determine reasoned versus hysterical arguments
4) recommend what I've been reading to viewers of the blog (for example, Atlas Shrugged)
5) discuss controversial topics based on their newsworthiness, including (but not limited to):
a) abortion
b) gun-control
c) gay marriage
d) the Islamic religion
e) terrorism
f) immigration
g) homeland security
h) politicians "making news"
i) taxes
j) local politics (Massachusetts)

As my foray into the unknown world of blogging begins, I know it will not be perfect. But I do hope it will be successful.

As for comments, I am always open to new ideas and suggestions from all sides of any argument. I encourage debate and hope that readers will leave enlightened and thoughtful recommendations for me to ponder and comment on in future posts.

I plan to post at least daily and hope that you take the time to see my point of view!

In the meantime, check out the links I have posted on the website so far. It will give you a good idea of where I stand on many issues.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I logged on so I could find some stuff to harass and make fun of Chris about, but I agree with his points of view. Keep Bloggin' Buddy!!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Hayes,

I look forward to reading your blog whenever possible. One thing you might be interested in as a future topic is the new majority democratic caucaus in the Senate, and how this fragile relationship will be affecting both domestic and foreign policy for the next two years. The balance of power rests in the hands of the very moderate Senator Joe Liberman. Senator Liberman gave an interesting interview this Sunday on Meet the Press, in which he discussed both his new relationship with the Democratic Party, and his controversial
position on the Iraq War. Starting with his position on the issue of lobbying reform Mr. Liberman did not rule out using his new position as majority keystone to influence a debate on lobbying reforms. (He is for a complete ban on all monetary contributions and other gifts from Lobbyists to office holders). When pushed by Mr. Russert as to the nature of his relationship with the Demorcatic party, Mr. Liberman admitted that it is less than perfect. He also refused to confirm or deny reports that his future support for the democratic majority is a forgone conclusion. I personally do not believe that the distinguished Senator would ever jeapardize his seniority within the democratic caucus, but his current ability to play his new position shows the shrewdness of a very experience politician. Whatever we Democrats may think of Senator Liberman on foreign policy lets not forget he has shown himself to support some very progressive issues at home. Many on the Democratic side of the aisle have criticied Mr. Liberman for his blind support of the war. While I cannot condone his support for a war that has failed to achieve most of it's intended objectives, I must respect the man for sticking by an upopular position in a tough election year. While I do not believe that there is any strategy for success in Iraq that involves indefinite and solitary U.S. military involvment I do wholly subscribe to the theory that whatever we do it must be done with very carefully and with a consensus. Holding that position I find myself looking to ole' Joe to set the tone for the coming debate. Hopefully this new congress will bring out the better side of a historically partisan white house, but even more so, I hope that this new congress resists the ever so alluring temptation of partisan payback.

Anonymous said...

As a staunch Independent who hates politics I have to applaude your decision to blog. As I get older I realize that despite my intense dislike for politics (and the horrendous blame games politicians play) it is all the more important for me to become involved in politics and as such I have not missed a single election since returning from college. My goal is to become a more informed voter. So many people have such strong opinions about things they don't understand and haven't researched and rely on celebrities amd talking heads to make their decisions for them. Blog on Chris! Invite debate! I don't think there could be a btter person to debate with since I know you to be a respectful, open-minded and fair fighter!